Monday 11 August 2014

Project 1 Start - Imperial Guard platoon - 1xCommand, 2xInfantry

So, starting post for my first project: 25 Imperial Guard. I'm using Cadians as the base for these but with a few modifications. These guys are part of the starting force in an escalation campaign I'm starting soon. 

HQ Squad, 2 Platoon, D Company


I think I want to get rid of most or all of the winged-skull iconography because I want them to look a bit ... plainer, I guess. 

When I got the command sprues I noticed little respirator mouthpieces. I like these, so I've decided to use them for everyone - I guess they're in a harsh environment - there's only 5 though so I will be doing some green stuff casting. 

I want everyone to be carting their kit around them and was originally going to base something on the comms pack, but then I saw the medi-pack which I like better for this. I'm going to slice off the side pockets and add some air tanks to connect to the respirators. I have some guitar wire for that. Not sure what I'm going to do with the air tanks on the comms guys yet. 

I didn't like the idea of a mix of bayonets on or off so one squad is fully on and the other off. If I can be bothered I may magnetise some of the special weapons to allow more options later on. 

So pictures follow, showing rough prep, models blu-tacked to work out poses. I've tried to make everyone as individual as possible, mixing up the command sprue with the two Cadian sprues.

1st (Infantry) Squad, 2 Platoon, D Company
1st (Infantry) Squad, 2 Platoon, D Company

2nd (Infantry) Squad, 2 Platoon, D Company

2nd (Infantry) Squad, 2 Platoon, D Company

No comments:

Post a Comment