Saturday 18 October 2014

Project 6 Start - Saga

I mentioned in the last post that I've discovered yet another new game. That game is Saga. 

It's another skirmish level game, this time set in the Dark Ages. Think Vikings!!! I've seen a few games from afar at the club, then arranged to sit down and talk one through with a couple of helpful chaps. It's great. Simple but subtle in the mechanics, it looks a lot of fun. 

I have picked up the rules and some models to build up my first horde of Vikings (games have around 20 to 70 models per side depending on how elite you want your force). I've also signed up for a participation event on December 4th for those interested in the game. So this project is to get to grips with the rules and bulild my Vikings. I'm not going to make it for the event date but I think models will be provided so that's ok. 

This will be the third new system I've picked up this year (after X-wing and Deadzone) and although they use up time i might have otherwise spent on GW games I definitely don't regret it. The variety of rules and models is really enjoyable. Remembering all the rules from multiple systems is a bit tricky though...

No comments:

Post a Comment